Australian:   Fabric Structures | Flat Pack Container Shelters |  Pop Up Sheds Cabins Offices  |  Dome Container Covers  |  Industrial Tents |  Portable Structures  |  EPS Panel Buildings


Brochures and Price Listings

Note we are in the process of revising this website, thus some of our materials may be in the process of being updated, so please use as a guide only.

Technical Downloads

General Information

International Certifications

Australia has one of the strictest structural engineering codesin the world, so our structures are designed to fall in line with Australian and New Zealand building codes. We impose these standards upon our Asian factories for all structures that we will sell internationally,  even though our structures will exceed the internationally accepted IBC (International Building Codes) standards.   Our factories have dealt with the west for some years and have taken measures to meet the Quality Assurance Certifications of western manufacturers.

Splash provides Warranties and Certifications on behalf of our Chinese and Korean Factories.  

About Australian and New Zealand Building Codes

Australia and New Zealand have their own specific rules relating to structural engineering and all locally manufactured and imported shelters must comply with these rules.  Arch Shelters,  Industrial Tents and Pop Up Container Shelters can be temporary (not exceeding 6 months) or semi-permanent (fixed but transportable) therefore structural design and engineering complies with AS/NZS 1170 Building Codes to meet the weather and terrain standards of Australia and New Zealand, including cyclone/hurricane and earthquake.  (this means we must use the correct ballast and wall reinforcements - e.g. quake or cyclone rods)

Australia and New Zealand   AS/NZS 1170.2:2011  (Document on International Compliance

Fabric Structures and Portable Buildings
Rules differ for the "siting" of Fabric Structures which fall under the Temporary Structures and Non-Habitable Buildings (sheds, warehouses and hangars) codes.  This means in summary that portable structures under 100 sqm and 6 months of use (that will be constructed on Private or Corporate property), do not require a Building Permit or Licensed Builder to construct.  It should be noted however that as a result of the growth of Container Cabin Conversions, many councils now require notification and proof that the structure is sound and safe to both inhabitants and surrounding neighbours. 

Structures over 100sqm are required to apply to local council for approval, and will require an engineers sign off at the end of construction.  

These rules change again for structures sited in a public place, e.g. market, event, sports etc no matter what size... a Siting Permit will be required by Council to erect the temporary/portable structure with an Engineers Sign off once constructed.

For tents and structures that will be regularly relocated to new public places, an Occupancy Permit is a dated certificate (similar to a vehicle rego) attached to an individual structure, that will speed up application of Siting Permits through Council Applications

Ultimately State and Local Council laws apply to permissions provided to use fabric structures as private, commercial, rural or aviation structures, and you should research "Temporary Structure Regulations" of your State to research the rules in your locality ... however rule of thumb is as follows:

1. Private, Commercial, Rural, Construction & Mining ....  

Structures under 100 sqm  An (unsigned) Arch Shelter General Certificate is usually sufficient to satisfy a council or port authority if a siting permit is required and structure will be used longer than 6 months.  Short term use does not usually require formal application to council unless near to public places.  In some cases, a Safety Inspection Sign Off may be required at the end of installation, an area has been included in the Arch Shelter General Certificate for this. Sign off can be conducted by any licensed engineer, builder, building inspector or designated site official. 

Structures over 100 sqm An Arch Shelter General Certificate plus an Engineers Safety Inspection Sign Off is usually required for Local Council Siting Permits, unless in a remote area, and will be insisted upon by Splash Arch Shelter, to confirm structure is sound.  Most construction and mining sites have an onsite engineer or licensed installer who can conduct the necessary sign off.

FYI Example of Council Guide NSW:  VICTORIA:  

2.  Aviation ...   

Application for hangars and structures is usually governed by local council, port authority and strip managers/owners.
For structures under 100sqm an Arch Shelter General Certificate is usually sufficient to support an application, however there will likely be a Safety Inspection instigated or requested by the Airstrip Authorities.

For structures over 100sqm an Arch Shelter General Certificate plus a Safety Inspection sign-off will usually be required by the strip authority, and insisted upon by Splash to ensure structure is sound.  This can be carried out by any registered Installer, Builder, Engineer or designated Aviation Structural Official.

3.  Public Events/Places  .. Schools, Hospitals, Shopping Centres, Museums, Markets, Open Air Events.
Portable Structures placed into any public area fall under temporary structures rules designed to protect the general public ...
Structures under 100sqm that will be used for short term i.e. less than 6 months, an unsigned Arch Shelter General Certificate will usually be sufficient to support Siting Permit applications.  Larger structures and those that will be required to remain for a longer period of time, the Council will require an Occupancy Permit or Safety Inspection Sign Off.  

FYI: Links to Information    Brisbane   


Who's Looking

We have 158 guests and no members online

Cyber Reform

Let's support them as they try to tackle Internet Crime

Cyber Reform Initiative

You might also be interested to follow my Splash Facebook Blog which informs about the antics of white collar crime in Australia and the Pacific - including the web.